Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lee Bai's Poem

I bet you all don't know who the hell is Lee Bai, well except for a few. Right? He was one of the two greatest poets of China during Tang dynasty. Alright I believe that's enough with history. Its boring~
Anyway, I like one of his poems. Its very famous. Even primary kids know how to recite it.

床前明月光,疑是地上霜。
舉頭望明月,低頭思故鄉。

Chuang qian ming yue guang
Yi shi di shang shuang
Ju tou wang ming yue
Di tou shi gu xiang

Familiar people? This is the chinese version. Never heard of it?

Its ok. There is another version of it.

-

(English Version)
The moon light is pouring down on my bedside
Like white frost spreading on the ground
I look up the bright round moon in the sky
And lower my head thinking of my dear hometown

Its English translation of the poem. Nice and meaningful, ain't it?

There's some more other version which maybe some of you seen it before.

-

(Singlish (Phua Chu Kang) Version)
Bedfront Moon Bright Bright
Think Is Floor White White
Lift Head See Moon Moon
Bow Head Miss Home Home...

(Ah-Beng Version)
Bedfront Orr Pi Sai (pick nose)
Think Think Go Pang Sai (go shit)
Pick Up Tai Gor Tai (handphone)
BS While Lau Sai (bullshitting while making "curry" lol)

(Latest Reservist Army Version)
Bedfront Lau Bark Sai (tears drop)
Thinking About Exercise(reservist mobilization)
Drop Dead Look Into The Sky (run until nobreathe)
Tong Kor Sia Lang Zai? (my heartache nobody knows)

(Osama version)
No friend at my side
Think think Bush will fight
Lift head but where to hide?
This time don't know when will die ?

(Bush version)
Can't sleep since that night
Think think where he hide?
Bomb bomb friends will say I pai (bad)
No choice ask them go fly kite

Hahahahahah! LMAO! I like them. Very creative.

There's actually one more version which I learnt it during my time when I was still an innocent primary kid in CHMS.

床前明月光,[Insert name here]脫光光。
擺在博物館,每個人去參觀。

Chuang qian ming yue guang
[Insert name here] tuo guan guan
Bai zai bo wu guan
Mei ge ren qu can guan

Translation~

The moon light is pouring down on my bedside
[Insert name here] took off all the clothes
Posing in the art museum
Everyone go there to see

Hope you all get a good laugh! ;)

No comments: