Monday, April 7, 2008

5th April - Brunei River tour

Last Saturday night was a memorable night. My first time on boat! Hahaha! No lah. I just kidding about it.
Last night went fireflies hunting, we were. Its a trip organized by BJFAUBD but only a few went. Hmm I guess maybe its because we had to pay $15 per person for the trip. But c'mon....its rare bah and you don't always get the chance to see right?
The initial plan was to wait at CLT parking area but ended up meet up at Yayasan fountain area. Then moved to water taxi parking lot or check point near Fratini's....you know...where people walk down the stairs and onto the boat. We were waiting for the rest that haven't turn up.

A view of Water Village at dawn

Owwhh...look at those sexy orange life jacket with bling bling stickers on it XD

Our transport. Nice~ got roof~ XD

When everyone gathered, i think it was almost 7.30pm already. There were 3 tour guides and 1 driver. I forgot their name XD but I did remember one of the tour guide's name is Faisal and the driver is nicknamed Mark because of all the life jackets is marked with his name Mark. Hence last night all of us were Mark.

Meet Mark I and Mark II

Its a weehee on the boat haha

This is Faisal. He can speak Mandarin really well! I think he told something about John Batu which we get to see but I didn't manage to take the photo of it because it was too dark and there was not enough lighting. Sigh.

The one that control the boat motor is the original Mark. All the life jackets we wore belong to him

Then off we go to look for fireflies. We traveled along the river near the mangrove area to look for them beautiful sparkling bling bling fireflies. On the way one of the tour guide, well i just call him Mr.S here since i remember his name start with S. He started to tell us about fireflies. Blablabla.....sorry i forgot what he said. But...I just knew that fireflies are not FLIES! They are classified as a family of beetle. Not The Beatles alright?
And also not all the fireflies will bling bling. Ever wonder what's the function of light emitting bod they had? Its to lure mate~ The brightness of the light will determine how sexy they are.....NOT! But its true about luring mate.
Fireflies had no predators too because they produced this....whatever...solution which make them not tasty to eat. Make all the animals that eat them vomit at that instant.
But i heard those male fireflies which can emit light will be eat by those other male fireflies which can't. Haha jealousy kill!
After a few 10 minutes travel, we finally found a tree which had fireflies. Its beautiful eventhough there's not alot.

The tree which had fireflies

The flashlight killed off the light emit from the fireflies so not flashlight!

This picture can see better....the light emitted from fireflies that is

This sucks. Didn't get to shoot a good photo of fireflies. They are not bright enough! I bet they always fail at their exam on How to spark more light. Haha lame~ I know~
After fireflies, we were going to look for bangau~ Don't ask me what is that. I only know they are birds.
Heard from Mr.S that they are originally from China and now they permanently stay at Brunei. I guess they can't withstand the cold weather at China and decided to fly away from there to look for the paradise they wanted. So one day, one group of them found Brunei and believe it is their ideal paradise. Hence more of them began to migrate to here and got themselves Yellow IC and therefore stay here forever~ wahahahhahaha

The sleeping bangaus

This which I 1st thought is KingFisher but is not! I don't know what kind of bird this is

The bird which I thought is Kingfisher kept showing us its sexy ass when we were trying to take its photo. It keep turning its back on us until it flew away...and dropped a white thingie down to the river. (-__-)
Now after fireflies hunting and bangaus hunting, the tour guides decided to hunt for crocodiles now. They found some and flash the light in a direction but i can't see. They said you can spot a pair of red eyes but I just can't see it. I have poor night vision. Then later we finally saw one really obvious crocodile which showed off its skill in swimming when lights are shone on it. Didn't manage to take its photo since it swim so fast and dive into the river after awhile. Sayang eh~
We were able to see some fruit bats and a 'Flying fox' as well. The flying fox was amazing. Its not really a fox fyi. Its a squirrel. It climbed along a tree branch very fast and flew from one tree to another tree, that's so cool! Again can't get any photo due to lack of lighting and also my lousy digital camera which is only 5 MP. Sigh.....
Then somehow, I don't know how. We reach somewhere near the istana.

See that palace?

Backdoor of Istana?

Just a random picture of the sky

After that, there's no more interesting part of the journey until we went back to the same spot where we left. And the interesting part started after we got off the boat. We took a group photo before we left. Its not in my camera btw. After that, me and a few people went to yayasan Uni Arcade to play ddr again haha. Then sent those who follow my car to Bandar earlier back to UBD. Alright end my story here and OMG its 1.32 AM liaw! Time to finish up my reports!
Night everyone!

2 comments:

chris said...

Hello
a small mark at the time of my passage on your very beautiful blog!
congratulations!
thanks for making us share your moments
you have a translation of my English space!
cordially from France
¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* ~ Chris ~ -:¦:-
http://SweetMelody.bloguez.com
http://riadisahora.bloguez.com

Gadong 174 Tembaga said...

the tour guides were
-Faisal
-Dilah
-Azman ;)

I loved their tours!